Hi,
I'm trying to package a software that has its input files "split":

foo.tar.gz.aa
foo.tar.gz.ab
foo.tar.gz.ac

So a cat "foo.tar.gz.* | tar xf -" will do the "right thing"

When I add them too the sources to download EB bails out with "Unknown file
type". They are not actually code or need to be compiled but are required
for the SW to run properly. And they are specific to a certain version of
the software.

What would be the best method to still use those files? Am I missing some
kind of "supplementary file" option that let's me handle this more
generally with postinstallcmds or something similiar?

/Martin

http://www.xing.com/profile/Martin_Marcher
http://www.linkedin.com/in/martinmarcher
Mobil: +43 / 660 / 62 45 103