Hi folks,

So far, I've always considered Clang to be a compiler.  However, it
also comes with a bunch of libraries that can be used for writing
tools that need to do source-code parsing etc.  Does anyone know
whether it is possible to just build the tooling libraries and later
direct a separate Clang compiler build to use those?

Motivation:
In a hierarchical module naming scheme I would build Clang with
GCCcore.  In the current EasyBuild scheme, the "real" compiler
module for it would then be ClangGCC, residing on the same level
as GCC (potentially both with a 'family("compiler")' in the
modulefile.  This would allow loading the Clang module for other
software on the GCCcore level and also in other branches of the
hierarchy that may use the tooling libraries (e.g., Doxygen).
But in my particular case, I don't care about Fortran, i.e., Clang
would actually be the compiler module.  Also, the current situation will
instantly change as soon as Clang itself comes with a Fortran
frontend (which is under development, afaik).  Then ClangGCC would
disappear, the 'family("compiler")' would move into the Clang module,
and it couldn't be loaded for anything needing the tooling libraries
in GCCcore or any other branch of the hierarchy.

Any ideas?  Thoughts?

Markus

--
Dr. Markus Geimer