notes are available at
On 30/08/16 15:56, Kenneth Hoste wrote:
The next EasyBuild conf call is planned for tomorrow, Wed Aug 31st
2016, at 5pm CET.
See also https://plus.google.com/events/cc7ls01idorl726i43l906qlg5o .
Topics I have in mind include:
* discussion of proposal for deprecating old/inactive toolchains
* which toolchains/versions + motivation
* procedure: archiving of easyconfigs + clear warning on use
* installing X11 stack as a single module
* via 'bundle of components':
* via jhbuild:
* pros & cons for both approaches
* proposal by Ward to drop Tk from list of dependencies for Python by
* since it requires the whole X11 stack underneath, cause a whole
* cfr. other projects like Homebrew
* how much impact would this have, due to lack of tcltk support in
* is providing a separate easyconfig for Python with Tk
sufficient, or do we need something better?
I think we have a pretty full agenda this time, so there may not be a
lot of time for additional topics.
However, suggestions are always welcome!
Please let me know if you're planning to attend.
More information about the EasyBuild conf calls is available at