Hello,
It is clear to me that in an easyconfig for a ConfigureMake easyblock the
configopts variable contains the options for the configuration step. However it
is not fully clear to me what happens when instead of a single string
configopts is a list of strings, like in this case taken from
FFTW-3.3.5-gompi-2016.07.eb:

configopts = [
   common_configopts + " --enable-single --enable-sse2 --enable-mpi",
   common_configopts + " --enable-long-double --enable-mpi",
   common_configopts + " --enable-quad-precision",
   common_configopts + " --enable-sse2 --enable-mpi",  # default as last
]

My best guess at the moment is that EB will try one string at a time and, if
the configure step fails, it will try the next in the list. Am I correct?

I tried to look in the doc but I could not find an answer. Unless I missed it
(higly probable) I would suggest adding a couple of lines under
"Configure/build/install command options" .

Thanks!

--
Davide Vanzo, PhD
Application Developer