On 02/01/2017 11:44 AM, Jure Pečar wrote:
On Wed, 1 Feb 2017 11:30:50 +0100
Ole Holm Nielsen <ole.h.niel...@fysik.dtu.dk> wrote:

The OmniPath software is downloaded from
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=Omni-Path

Actually it is also available on github:
https://github.com/01org/opa-psm2 (along with a bunch of other interesting
things from 01.org)

I don't know which version is more recent, intel supplied one or the one on
github.

This makes possible to build a psm2 easyconfig. Question is do we want to
introduce hardware specific pieces in easybuild toolchains? Or should we just
presume that whatever host we're building on supplies those hw specific libs
and that our toolchains will just pick them up automagically?

I like the state of things the way they are now, but as Gunnar said, this state assumes
you have some knowledge about the hardware you're building on and hardware-specific libs
required to utilize it fully. I guess right now this is a requirement if one wants to
build "hw-optimized" easybuild toolchain.

To build OpenMPI with PSM2 support, you definitely need to add the line:
  configopts += '--with-psm2 '
in the EB file.

This PSM2 software component could perhaps be nice to have built-in always, but I have no experience whether it might cause problems for other OpenMPI installation. PSM2 is not really a hardware-specific component, but currently it seems to be used only on Intel OmniPath fabrics.