Hi,

I am looking at installing PETSc through EasyBuild. I am surprised to see that the EasyBlock relies heavily on other recipes. My personal experience with PETSc is that one is best to stick with whatever version the authors of PETSc decided was best for each of the packages.

Therefore, on my system, PETSc depends only on MKL and OpenMPI.

For every other package, I use the download config options so that PETSc fetches whatever version of the packages it needs.

--download-mumps --download-ptscotch --download-superlu --download-superlu_dist --download-parmetis --download-metis --download-ml --download-suitesparse --download-hypre

Is this contrary to other people's experience ?

--
Maxime Boissonneault