Dear Kenneth,

On 08/08/2017 09:15 PM, Kenneth Hoste wrote:
Dear Christian,

I would say this is a bug in the modules tool, not in EasyBuild itself, wouldn't you agree?
Indeed, I do. I was just hoping for a possible work around. (On the respective cluster modules is established for quite a while.) Yet, the move to Lmod is pending - as I have to admit.

Thank you,
Christian

All EasyBuild does is generate a module that includes "prepend-path MANPATH <location>".

If the modules tool does the prepend while not fully honoring the empty value in $MANPATH, there's little EasyBuild can do about this imho...

You may want to look into Lmod [1], a modern modules tool that does the right thing in this situation...

regards,

Kenneth

[1] https://www.tacc.utexas.edu/research-development/tacc-projects/lmod