To all parts interested,

I spoke to Redhat. Their position is:

> If you open a support case, it will contribute to the decision to backport
> this change to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.4.z.
>  https://access.redhat.com/support/cases/
> On the engineering side, we can see the value in doing the backport, and it
> we have already determined that it is technically feasible.  But we currently
> lack a business justification, and more customer feedback could change that.

As a CentOS user, I can’t really open a case on their side. If some Redhat user
could step up and make the case, that would be beneficial for everyone!

dr. Alexandre Strube
a.str...@fz-juelich.de
Jülich Supercomputing Centre
Institute for Advanced Simulation
Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Jülich, Germany
Phone: +49 2461 61-3866
Fax: +49 2461 61-6656

JSC is the coordinator of the
John von Neumann Institute for Computing (NIC)
and member of the
Gauss Centre for Supercomputing (GCS)