*From:* easybuild-requ...@lists.ugent.be <easybuild-requ...@lists.ugent.be> on behalf of Caspar van Leeuwen <caspar.vanleeu...@surfsara.nl>
*Sent:* Wednesday, January 17, 2018 11:12
*To:* easybuild
*Subject:* Re: [easybuild] EB support for git submodules
Hi Espen,

Do you mean something like what's happening for the submodules of PyTorch (gloo, googletest, etc) in this EasyConfig: https://github.com/easybuilders/easybuild-easyconfigs/pull/5530/files#diff-60532b1c315a237f3b42ee9fafeef614 ? (this uses the syntax https://github.com/<github_account>/<repo_name>/archive/<hash>.tar.gz)

Seems the hashes were obtained by hand there, I'm not sure if there's also an easier / more automated way to do this.

Regards,

Caspar