On 27-09-2018 09:57, Ole Holm Nielsen wrote:
On 09/26/2018 09:50 PM, Kenneth Hoste wrote:> It seems like there are some options for getting an RPM for Lmod 6.6.3,
but it turns out it's also reasonable to drop the required version a bit since running the EasyBuild framework tests on top of Lmod 6.5.1 is not revealing any issues with that version (I tried a bunch of versions older than Lmod 6.6.3, but this apparently wasn't one of them...).

Sounds great!  I note that Fedora FC28 has a very recent version: Lmod-7.7.35-1.fc28.x86_64

I looked at the page https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Getting_a_Fedora_package_in_EPEL and found the Lmod package page https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/Lmod. Then I wrote to the maintainer Orion Poplawski if he would be willing to make his Lmod package available also in EPEL[1].

The EPEL maintainer Orion Poplawski has been very kind and responded quickly to my request. There is now an EPEL build of Lmod 6.6.3 in
https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=1148094
and an RPM package for testing at
https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//packages/Lmod/6.6.3/1.el7/x86_64/Lmod-6.6.3-1.el7.x86_64.rpm

Would some EasyBuild sites running CentOS 7 systems kindly test this Lmod RPM and report any successes or failures back to me (or directly to the developer, only I don't know the appropriate feedback channel).

Thanks, Ole