Earth Proclamation & Prayer

WE ARE ONE PEOPLE...
WE SHARE ONE PLANET...
WE HAVE ONE COMMON DREAM...
WE WANT TO LIVE IN PEACE...
WE CHOOSE TO PROTECT AND HEAL THE EARTH...
WE CHERISH THE EARTH'S BIO AND CULTURAL DIVERSITY...
WE WILL CHOOSE TO CREATE A BETTER WORLD FOR ALL...
WE WILL BECOME STEWARDS FOR THE PLANET'S THREATENED AND ENDANGERED SPECIES...
WE WILL DEFEND AND PROTECT THE RAIN FORESTS, REDWOODS, AND OTHER SACRED
PLACES...
WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO MAKE THIS DREAM COME TRUE...
WE WILL DO THIS FOR OUR CHILDREN, AND OUR CHILDREN'S CHILDREN...
WE WILL TRANSFORM WHAT NEEDS TO BE TRANSFORMED...
WE WILL BREAK FREE OF OUR CHRYSALIS LIMITATIONS...
WE WILL JOYFULLY LOVE, SHARE,  AND FORGIVE...
SO THAT PEACE MAY PREVAIL ON EARTH!
MAY PEACE PREVAIL ON EARTH! (At ceremonies, repeat this line to each of the
four directions,  and then)
GLOBAL PEACE NOW! (loudly three times towards the sky, preferably everyone
holding hands in a circle with joined hands raised high)

Personal Commitment:    I, the undersigned,

aware that human activities are seriously endangering the fragile ecosystems
of our planet,
aware of the widening gap between the haves and the have-nots,
aware of the need to direct my energies to protect and restore the global Web
of Life,
Decide to begin right now to strenghten my ways and values, and change
whatever still needs to be changed in myself and around me.
I want the year 2000 - a symbol for a New Beginning - to be the turning point
in the local and global efforts now underway to create a better world based on
equality, justice and a sustainable planet -- a world in which Peace on Earth
prevails. Understanding that we are all individually responsible for the kind
of future we will create for our children and for countless generations to
come, I will participate in initiatives, locally and globally, to transform
our world and protect this Jewel of Life we call Earth.

I agree with this Earth Proclamation and the goals of the Great Millenium
Peace Caravan and personally commit myself to do all that I can to spread it
throughout the world and help make our shared dream of Peace, Love and Harmony
on Earth come true.

Date ___________  Name ___________________________
Organization______________________________________

Please check one:   Organization Endorsement_____  Personal
Endorsement(Organization for Identification only)_____
Address______________________________________ Tel # _______________________
Email ___________________

You may copy or print this page to share it with others.  You may then EMAIL
your commitment by simply writing 'Earth Proclamation & Prayer commitment' in
the Subject field of your email and sending to [EMAIL PROTECTED] or mail it
to the Butterfly Gardeners Association, 1563 Solano Ave.#477, Berkeley, Ca.
94707.  Call us at 510-528-7730.  You can also get more butterfly information
at: <A HREF="http://prop1.org/protest/bga/   ">http://prop1.org/butterfly.htm
</A> or <A HREF="http://www.woodstocknation.org/butterfly.htm">
http://www.woodstocknation.org/butterfly.htm</A>

You may want to check out the original and read more about the butterfly as a
new symbol for the Renaissance of the Earth at:
<A HREF="http://www.cybernaute.com/earthconcert2000/Proclamation.htm ">
http://www.cybernaute.com/earthconcert2000/Proclamation.htm</A>

In preparation for the year 2000 millennial celebrations that will take place
all around the world, an international effort has arisen to use this
opportunity to create a sense of anticipation about the great changes that can
occur for the well-being of all people and all life forms on Earth.  We
therefore present this Earth Proclamation to foster a more responsible vision
of humanity's role for our future and ask that you help copy and spread it
throughout the world.

If everyone reading this for the first time decides to introduce one more
person, everyday, to this common goal hereby described, millions of people
will have a chance to make this personal commitment by the year 2000.

     Endorsing organizations include the 22nd Century Group, Assyrian National
Congress, Attitudinal Healing Center, Authors for a Positive Millennium, Bay
Area Consciousness Network, Buddist Church/New York, Buddhist Peace
Fellowship, City of Berkeley, Children of the Manhattan Project, Committee of
Correspondence, Community Peacemakers, Earth Rainbow Network, Earth Day
Network, Earth Rainbow Network, Environmental Patriots, Foundation for
Conscious Evolution, GaiaLink, Global Empowerment Network, Global Initiative,
Global Peace Foundation, Global Meditations, Global Peace Walk, Grandmothers
for Peace International, Grey Panthers of Berkeley, Healing Global Wounds,
Light2000, Light Party, Living Music, Millenium People's Assembly Network,
Magick River, Mhona Interational Center, Milenio, Mysterious Tremendum Consort
and School, No Nukes, One Day Foundation, One Love Vibrations Foundation,
Quest Ministries, Pathways to Peace, Peace Research Institute - Dundas,
Peaceday 2000, People for Peace, Performing and Fine Artists for World Peace,
Project Nature Connect, Recovering Racists Network, Next Stage, San Bruno
Mountain Watch, Save Ward Valley, Sentient Times Magazine, Shine a Light for
Peace, Shudahai Network, Unity & Diversity World Council, U-turn Society,
Unitarian Fellowship/ Social Action Committee of the Berkeley, United Nations
Assembly, V.A.R.I.O.U.S, Wam2000/Spain, Wisdom Network, Women of the World for
Cultural Wisdom, Women's Institute For African Rural Development, Women's
Int'l League for Peace & Freedom/East Bay-Berkeley, Woodstock Nation
Foundation, World Citizens, World Peace Prayer Society, World Peace 2000,
World Stewardship Institute, and World Wise.

   Individual endorsers also include: David Brower/Earth Island Institute and
founder of Friends of the Earth, Paul Winter, Bernie Siegel, Julia
Butterfly*/Luna Tree-Sit, Dr. Helen Caldicott, Ethan Flad*/The Forum at Grace
Cathedral, Linda Grover*/Friends of Tree Island, Judy Guggenheim*/ADC Project,
Corbin Harney*/Western Shoshone spiritual elder, Barbara Marx
Hubbard*/Foundation for Conscious Evolution, Norie Huddle*/Center for New
National Security, Derrick Jensen/Railroads and Clearcuts Campaign/Native
Forest Network, Kathy Juline/Science of Mind Magazine, Michael Lerner/Tikkun
Magazine, Robert Muller*/World Peace Academy & former Asst.Secretary-General
of the United Nations, Peace Pilgrim II,  Rebecca Sandel/Earthstewards
Network, David Seaborg*/U-Turn Society, Bernie Siegel/Child of God, Jerry
Spivak*/United Nations Communication Coordination Committee, Robert
Theobald*/Transformational Learning Community, Ida Urso/Aquarian Age
Community, David Crockett Williams/Global Emergency Alert Response, Paul
Winter/Paul Winter Consort, Karina Wood*/Hague Appeal for Peace-U.S.,

  Juliette Beck/California Fair Trade Campaign, Ed Elkin/Earth Rainbow
Network, Clara-Rae Genser/Jounalist, Jonathan Granoff/Lawyers Alliance for
World Security, Claire Greensfelder/Plutonium Free Future, Lucille
Green*/Action Coalition for Global Change, David Hartsough*/Peacemakers,
Michael Linden*/Guatemala Project, Warren Linney*/ World Stewardship Insitute,
David Lionel*/Lionel Television Productions, Jene McLovey/Native American
Coalition for Headwaters, Hagit Ra'anan/Isreal, Ted Schettler/Physicians for
Social Responsibility, Lou Schoen/Episcopal Peace & Justice Network for Global
Concerns, Jennifer Viereck*/Healing Global Wounds, Ray Wat/Seventh Generation
Fund, Storm Waters/Earth First!,  Jack Weinberg/Greenpeace, Barbara
Wolf/Harmonic Convergence.

(Organization listed for identification purposes only, the * symbol indicates
CEO or executive director)

   Indigenous organizations include Indigenous Environmental Network, Dini
Care, Groupo Maya Quasamej Junan, Native Coalition for Medicine Lake Defense,
Native Support Network, Samoa United Nations Assn., Shundahai Network, Trail
of Joy, Turtle Island Project, Unity Long Walk Project,

   Indigenous individual endorsers include Jamie Echo-Hawk/First Nations,
Gustavo Guiterrez/Tonatichha, Elizabeth Crowe/Ky Environmental Federation

   Business endorsers include Life Resources/Sedona, NetWorks Productions
Inc., and Vibrant Life Productions.

   Business sponsors include Carolina Biological, Magical Beginnings,
McDonalds/Allentown, Monarch Watch, National Car Rental/Allentown,
Copymat/Albany, Kinko's/New York & Berkeley, Office Depot, Enterprize Car
Rental, and Musikfest.

   If you would like to get involved with organizing a peace caravan or can
offer suggestions, please let us know.  Your letters of support for the Earth
Proclamation and peace caravan would be greatly appreciated.  Please let us
know if you want to get updates.  Feel free to forward this message to people
and groups on your mailing list that you feel may be interested in this
endeavor.

Butterflies Proclaim Global Peace Now!  Letter to Rev. Yamato of the Global
Peace Walk