From: Ecological Society of America: grants, jobs, news on behalf of =
Torrence, Shannon
Sent: Sun 5/21/2006 12:01 PM
To: ECOLOG-L@LISTSERV.UMD.EDU
Subject: Tadpole functional groups?

Dear All,

=3D20

I am doing a food web study, and am interested in categorizing
invertebrates and tadpoles into functional groups. While there are good
sources for invertebrates, I am having trouble finding functional group
data for tadpoles.  I realize most are HERBIVORES, but I am interested
in whether there is summary data on what species are SCRAPERS (eat
periphyton), FILTERERS (eat phytoplankton) and DETRITIVORES.  If anyone
can provide information and sources for this, I would greatly appreciate
it.

=3D20

Species of interest:

=3D20

Spea spp. (will categorize as either detritivores or omnivores - I had
no carnivorous phenotypes)

Bufo cognatus (yes, I know the genus name has changed)

Pseudacris clarkii

Gastrophryne olivacea

=3D20

Thank you,