Seems funny to me that this question even happens.  Any reasonable
statistical package will allow you to do this.  Of course, you would
want your field notes to be in a sensible format for them to be
analyzed.  Otherwise, if you type in field notes once to just have them
in electronic form, then later type in the data to do analyses, then you
are doing a lot of extra needless work.  Chances are, after you decipher
your data for analysis, there is really very little left over for
"notes" that could not easily be converted to some kind of short hand
for typing into the same data file.  They way you describe your needs, I
do all of that with a very succinct data base in SAS, JMP, R or whatever.

Jim

--
James J. Roper, Ph.D. <http://jjroper.googlepages.com/home>
Universidade Federal do Paraná
Depto. de Zoologia
Caixa Postal 19020
81531-990 Curitiba, Paraná, Brasil
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone/Fone/Teléfono: 55 41 33611764
celular: 55 41 99870543
Revista Brasileira de Ornitologia
<http://www.ararajuba.org.br/sbo/ararajuba/revbrasorn.htm>
Zoologia na UFPR <http://zoo.bio.ufpr.br/zoologia/>
Ecologia e Conservação na UFPR <http://www.bio.ufpr.br/ecologia/>
Currículo Lattes <http://lattes.cnpq.br/2553295738925812>
E-mail:[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Phone/Fone/Teléfono: 55 41 33611764
Alternativa: 55 41 33857249
celular: 55 41 99870543
Ecologia e Conservação na UFPR <http://www.bio.ufpr.br/ecologia/>