To: <ECOLOG-L@LISTSERV.UMD.EDU>
Sent: Friday, February 29, 2008 12:21 PM
Subject: [ECOLOG-L] SUVs for Ecologists, was McDonough - I don't think so

... it does seem a double-standard to have ecologists driving 4WD off-road SUVs to the office. So, my next question is: do I have to reject field work because it requires access to (or ownership of) a field-worthy vehicle? In many places, especially in the US, if I've not got wheels, I cannot get to the study site.