Maybe this was true in the 19th century, and there are still some
minor outlets where
observational notes with limited or no replication is accepted so you
can publish the
kind of observations you suggest, but modern and mainstream natural history
studies require huge sample sizes and extensive replication, often
over long periods
of time.

Your suggestion that it is not the case is simply a misunderstanding
that is popularly
promoted.

--
Malcolm L. McCallum
Managing Editor,

1880's: "There's lots of good fish in the sea"  W.S. Gilbert
1990's:  Many fish stocks depleted due to overfishing, habitat loss,
            and pollution.
2000:  Marine reserves, ecosystem restoration, and pollution reduction
          MAY help restore populations.
2022: Soylent Green is People!

contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not