Hi Ecologers,

I am in the first year of my Phd (Public and Environmental economics option)
here at The University of Antananarivo (Madagascar).

My research proposal thesis is about the

"Issues between Payments of Environmental Services (PSE) and Climate Change;
 in the case of Biodiversity conservation services and carbon services
(Reduction of emissions due from Deforestation and Degradation or REDD)"

Talking about Madagascar, it is among the 'hotspot' country in biodiversity
side

in the world but it is one of the most vulnerable countries. In fact,
Madagascar

has its peculiarities and characteristics in terms of biodiversity and
climate:

       - First, the large island has a tropical climate. It faces every year

tropical cyclones (the Mozambique Channel to the west and the Indian

Ocean to the east). Hence, the Malagasy population is quite vulnerable

to floods and diseases caused by these disasters. Note that deforestation

is concentrated in the tropics. Annually, 15 million acres lost since the

beginning of the 21st century (FAO, 2007).

     - Madagascar has a rich biodiversity and high rate endemism compared

to other countries. The forest cover is home the most endemic species

fauna and flora in the world. Unfortunately, Madagascar is no exception to

the rule of increased degradation of natural resources because of the

irresponsible practices.
Pressures on natural resources in Madagascar continue to worsen.
These threats are mainly from the high concentration of human activities.

So, my thesis project is talking about the role of developing country as
Madagscar for REDD.

Then, I am waiting , with pleasure, from you some paper or journal links,
internship links,
fundind links,...

Sincerely,

Malala RAKOTOJAOFENO