Your criteria are shared by countless homeowners wanting to landscape their
yards (fast growing, long-lived, low maintenance). Unfortunately, there are
physiological tradeoffs involved, whereby fast growing trees tend to "live
fast" in other ways, too, and hence are as a general rule not long-lived.
Think about the way forest succession works: fast growing trees fill in gaps
quickly, reproducing before the competition catches up; slow growing trees are
the shade tolerant ones, coming up underneath the fast growing pioneers and
eventually supplanting them.

From what I have read of carbon sequestration (as it is not my primary area of
knowledge), old-growth forests hold a lot of carbon, but do not take it up
quickly; the decomposition of old trees and the carbon uptake of growing trees
about cancel out, making the old-growth forest approximately carbon-neutral.
Young forests take up carbon quickly, but as they age, the uptake rate slows
down.  When a tree decomposes, all the carbon sequestered in its biomass is
re-released.  So to have effective sequestration, you would have to have a
steady supply of young trees taking up carbon, without a concurrent stream of
decomposing trees.  Net growth would have to exceed net decomposition.  In
other words, the only long-term way to counteract ever-increasing CO2
emissions, is to have ever-increasing acreage of forest.

Jason Hernandez