Hello,
I'm a graduate student at the Univ of Kansas and am planning a field
experiment for the summer. I want to sample the arthropod community present
in enclosures (circular, 0.5 m2) constructed in tall prairie grasses using
a vacuum sampler. Does anyone have suggestions for an affordable vacuum
sampler to buy or methods for rigging one up from a handheld vacuum? I want
to ensure nearly complete sampling of the arthropods in fairly thick grass,
so the device needs to be of decent power.
Thanks!
Mari Pesek

--
Dept of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
University of Kansas