I think I've now seen about the 50th message in which the 'sender' is
"seeking motivated graduate student(s)"
Can we simply assume that most academics seek motivated graduate student(s). I
don't think I've ever met a colleague that was interested in recruiting an
unmotivated student. Minor point but can we just let the obvious, be obvious,
but unstated.

Pedro Barbosa
Department of Entomology

Plant Sciences Building
University of Maryland

College Park, Maryland, 20742
(301) 405-3946
Comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable   (Finley Peter Dunne)
The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity  (Dorothy
Parker, attributed)