The Society of Wetland Scientists (SWS) Multicultural Mentoring Program
(SWaMMP) announces the availability of undergraduate student awards for
travel to attend the SWS annual meeting in San Juan, PR from June 5-8,
2017. In order to meet our goal of increasing diversity in wetland
science fields, the Society brings the students to our national meeting
and matches them with mentors for the duration of the meeting.

Undergraduate students from groups underrepresented in the sciences are
encouraged to apply for this exciting opportunity. We will cover all
travel expenses associated with the meeting. Participants must be
citizens or permanent residents of the United States or its possessions.
Spring 2017 graduates are eligible. Participants are selected based on
academic promise, interest in exploring a career in the natural
sciences, potential for serving as a mentor, and demonstrated commitment
to increasing opportunities for underrepresented students.

Additional information is available from Dr. Vanessa Lougheed,
University of Texas at El Paso (vlough...@utep.edu) and on the program’s
web page (http://www.sws.org/Awards-and-Grants/sws-undergraduate-
mentoring-program-swammp.html). Application deadline is November 4,
2016.