We are seeking a research assistant to conduct fieldwork this spring for a
project on how
forest habitat loss affects wild bee species. This project is part of the PhD
research of
Colleen Smith, who studies in Rachael Winfree’s lab at Rutgers University
(https://winfreelab.com/people/).

The successful candidate will sample wild bees at forests throughout New Jersey
between
April 1 and May 31, 2017. The job requires long days in the field
(approximately 13 hours/
day) and extensive driving. The job is full-time (40 hours/ week), and we are
offering $13
to $15/hour, depending on experience.

Qualifications: Fieldwork experience, ability to work independently, positive
attitude and
dedication to doing good-quality work during long field days, bachelor’s degree
in Ecology
or related field.

The applicant must possess a valid driver’s license and a car. All mileage will
be
reimbursed.

To apply, please send a cover letter and C.V. with your GPA and contact
information for
two references to Colleen Smith (colleen.m.sm...@rutgers.edu), subject line
"Wild bee
field technician position." Review of applicants will begin immediately and
continue until
the position is filled.