Interested in Invasion Ecology? The Prior lab (http://www.priorecologylab.com)
at Binghamton
University (SUNY) is seeking a Ph.D. student to work on projects related the
role of tri-trophic
interactions (host plants and parasitoids) in facilitating the success of an
invasive insect. We ask
questions about invasion success in an excellent, tractable study system in
which we can make
comparisons of species interactions between the invader’s native and introduced
ranges. We work
out in the beautiful Pacific Northwest (PNW), spending time on Vancouver
Island, British Columbia
and in Washington State.

I am seeking a highly-motivated Ph.D. student who is interested in global
change ecology, species
interactions, plant-insect interactions, experimental ecology, and importantly
who is excited about
asking ecological questions and conducting research in the field. Students with
field experience, who
are proficient in statistics, have proven writing and communication skills, and
who are self-motivated
and independent will be the most competitive. Also, I am particularly
interested in students who can
start in the field this up-coming field season (summer 2018).

The student will be based at Binghamton University (State University of New
York), in Vestal, NY and
will travel to the PNW for fieldwork. The student will be in the Biological
Sciences Department and be
a part of the EEB (Ecology, Evolution, and Behavior) group
(https://www.binghamton.edu/biology/).
BU is located in the Southern Tier of NY and is one of the four major
University Centers in the SUNY
system.

**I will be at ESA in Portland, email me if you would like to meet to chat
about the opportunity
(kpr...@binghamton.edu). Otherwise, please email me a cover letter stating your
interests, your CV,
and GPA and GRE scores. Please put “Graduate Assistantship” in the subject line
of the email.