We are pleased to disseminate a couple of updates to the Second Annual Digital Data in Biodiversity Research Conference, 4-6 June 2018, UC Berkeley Campus. Please note that the link to submit an abstract will be included in your registration confirmation email.

Two new Wednesday workshops have been added:
1) Sponsored by Atlas of Living Australia: Next generation biodiversity data: developing an international traits system; Leaders: Hamish Holewa, Robina Sanderson, John La Salle, CSIRO, Canberra, Australia; 2) Sponsored by Google: Hands-on Training on Google's Planetary-scale Geospatial and Imagery Analysis Tools; Leader: Dave Thau, Manager of Developer Relations for Google Earth Engine and Google Earth Outreach, Google.

We have also added plenary talks, the first by Dave Thau of Google on Monday morning, and as our capstone on Tuesday afternoon, Cindy Schmidt, Associate Program Manager, Applied Sciences Ecoforecasting Program, Bay Area Environmental Research Institute, NASA Ames Research Center.

Registration is brisk. Register at your earliest convenience at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/second-annual-digital-data-in-biodiversity-research-conference-emerging-innovations-for-registration-41247436192. General registration deadline is 15 May, or 30 April for those who plan to submit an abstract or want to take advantage of the economy lodging option. Given capacity restrictions, we may need to close registration early.

More information is available at the conference announcement page: https://www.idigbio.org/content/registration-now-open-emerging-innovations-biodiversity-data.

--
Gil Nelson, PhD
Research Faculty