I’m trying to find aerial and satellite images of my region, and I would
appreciate advice on navigating the myriad providers and data products
available.

    The USGS has a bewildering variety of imagery, and I’m not familiar enough
with the sources and instruments to know where to start.  I’ve tried using
their EarthExplorer interface to absolutely no effect, as well as NOAA’s
Digital Coast.  I can’t even make sense of the supposedly easy Landsat browser
provided by Astro Digital.

    I’m not asking for a full tutorial, but I’d very much appreciate any help
in narrowing down what satellites, products and databases I should be focusing
on, as well as any advice on publicly available aerial photography.  Please
contact me off-list with my sincere gratitude in advance.

                     - J. A.