Postdoctoral position in Global Change Ecology, Department of Biology,
University of Utah

The Anderegg Lab in the Department of Biology at the University of Utah is
seeking a creative and innovative postdoctoral researcher who can lead
research projects that contribute to a better understanding of the impacts
of climate extremes on forest ecosystems. We have ongoing projects on an
array of topics, including drought-induced tree mortality, recovery after
climate extremes, disturbance and carbon dynamics, plant ecophysiology and
hydraulics, coupled models of human-ecosystem interactions, and ecosystem
modeling. We work across a wide range of scales from plant physiology to
ecosystem fluxes.

Candidates with research interests in ecosystem ecology, ecological
modeling, ecophysiology, or plant ecology would be strong fits. Candidates
with strong quantitative skills and proficient programming skills are
preferred and background in ecosystem modeling is a strength. Interested
applicants should send a current CV, a 1-2 paragraph description of research
interests that specifically outlines the work the applicant would be excited
to undertake in the position, and a list of 3 references to William Anderegg
( Review of applicants will start March 12th, 2016.

The University of Utah is a comprehensive and diverse Research I public
institution located in the Wasatch Front urban corridor with easy access to
research and recreational opportunities in the Rocky Mountains, Great Basin,
and spectacular National Parks. Salt Lake City is a dynamic, high-tech and
bike-friendly metropolitan area with high-quality cultural and entertainment
amenities, an extensive public transit system, a sunny, dry four-season
climate and "the Greatest Snow on Earth." With an enrollment of 31,000
students, it is the flagship university for the state of Utah. The
University of Utah is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and
educator. Underrepresented groups, women, veterans, and those with
disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.