Nobel and other such awards

Dear Colleagues:

Several colleagues and I are working on a little historical paper about two
physiologists (both born in the 1870s) with very broad interests in
biology. One won a Nobel Prize. I am prepared to assert that Nobel Prizes
and other such awards tend to popularize the belief that the statements
made by the awardees are likely to be true (even if they are later proven
to be false).

Although I have read quite a bit on this effect, the literature tends to
emphasize recent decades, *not* the beginning of the 20th century. Although
this effect is very much to be expected (or like some people like to say,
"human nature"; note, instead, I prefer to say "the nature of some
humans"), it would be great to cite studies that address this (i.e., the
effect of Nobel Prizes or other such awards on the belief that the
statements made by the awardees are likely to be true, even if they are
later proven to be false) say in the first 25 years or so of the 20th
century.

If you remember any such papers from the top of your head, I would like to
read from you.

blayjo...@gmail.com

Apologies for duplicate emails.

Gratefully,

Jorge

Jorge A. Santiago-Blay, PhD
blaypublishers.com

1. Positive experiences for authors of papers published in *LEB*
http://blaypublishers.com/testimonials/

2. Free examples of papers published in *LEB*:
http://blaypublishers.com/category/previous-issues/.

3. *Guidelines for Authors* and page charges of *LEB*:
http://blaypublishers.com/archives/ *.*