The LAKES (Linking Applied Knowledge in Environmental Sustainability) REU
focuses on water quality and phosphorus mitigation in an interdisciplinary
manner over an 8 week program (June 9-August 4), with projects in economics,
biology, geography, and political science. Undergraduate students will be
provided with room and board and a generous stipend during their participation
in the LAKES program.

The research focus of the LAKES REU program is in areas of sustainable
watershed management, with aspects of social, economic, and  environmental
approaches incorporated into broader problems of sustainability and community.
Students involved in the program will be mentored by faculty members having
wide-ranging backgrounds in relevant research areas

This program prioritizes under-represented students, pairing them with mentors
in individual projects that collectively will contribute to a more complete
understanding of the dynamic interactions of our political economy, our social
networks, and our ecosystems.  The review of submitted applications for the
2019 summer program will begin February 3rd.
Complete program information can be found here: http://www.uwstout.edu/lakes/
or on our facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/LAKESREU/.

Questions can be directed to: la...@uwstout.edu