All,

The 2019 Annual Meeting of the Society for Ecological Restoration's Midwest-Great Lakes (SER MWGL) Chapter will be held from April 12 to April 14, 2019 at Central College in Pella, Iowa.  This meeting marks the first time that the SER MWGL Chapter will meet in Iowa.  The theme of this year's meeting is */Cultivating Innovative Restoration Connections in the Midwest/*. Our primary meeting goal is to explore how to foster the development of innovative restoration connections ecologically, culturally, and professionally to enable the field of restoration to meet future challenges.  Our secondary goal is to bring together all who are interested in ecological restoration and contribute to advancing the field of ecological restoration.  Our meeting agenda will be similar to our past meetings and will include technical presentations, symposia, workshops, social events, and field trips.

The deadline for submission of workshop and symposia proposals for the 2019 SER MWGL Annual Meeting is _/*this Friday December 7, 2018*/_.  Additionally, the deadline for submitting an abstract for a contributed oral or poster presentation is _/*Friday December 21, 2018.*/_ We encourage the submission of workshop proposals, symposia proposals, and contributed presentation abstracts that are directly related to the meeting theme and goals and abstracts involving any topic related to ecological restoration.  Pdf and word document files with more details related to the submission process, formatting instructions, and additional details about our annual meeting can be found on our annual meeting webpage listed below:

https://chapter.ser.org/midwestgreatlakes/annual-meetings/past-annual-meetings/current-meeting/

SER MWGL Chapter is a regional SER chapter serving Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Iowa.  Our mission is to promote the science and practice of ecological restoration to assist with the recovery and management of degraded ecosystems throughout the Midwestern and Great Lakes region of the United States.  More details about the SER MWGL Chapter can be found at our webpage below:

https://chapter.ser.org/midwestgreatlakes/

Please feel free to pass this information on to your colleagues who you think would be interested in attending and participating in our upcoming Chapter meeting.  Hope to see you in Pella, Iowa in April.

Sincerely,

Rocky Smiley
At-Large Representative/Annual Meeting Chair
SER Midwest-Great Lakes Chapter
Email: smiley...@osu.edu