Dear Ecolog-Listers:

I am trying to help a student  germinate seeds of *Cercis canadensi*s,
Eastern redbud. Our sources seem to indicate that a combination of removal
of the seed coat (= scarification) on a solution of sulfuric acid for 30
minutes followed by storage in cold (= stratification) at 4 degrees Celsius
for ca. 1 month yields highest germination. Has anyone tried this (or other
method) recently and can confirm the success (or failure)?

If you wish to reply to me, please do so directly to my email:

blayjo...@gmail.com

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Jorge

Jorge A. Santiago-Blay, PhD
blaypublishers.com

1. Positive experiences for authors of papers published in *LEB*
http://blaypublishers.com/testimonials/

2. Free examples of papers published in *LEB*:
http://blaypublishers.com/category/previous-issues/.

3. *Guidelines for Authors* and page charges of *LEB*:
http://blaypublishers.com/archives/ *.*