Become part of the International Max Planck Research School for
Global Biogeochemical Cycles (IMPRS-gBGC)
In cooperation with the Friedrich Schiller University Jena, the Max Planck
Institute for Biogeochemistry houses a unique and flexible research program
that grants German and foreign students a broad selection of learning
opportunities while still maintaining a research focus. The IMPRS-gBGC offers a
PhD program specializing in global biogeochemistry and related Earth System
sciences.

Detailed job description of all PhD projects:

http://www.imprs-gbgc.de/index.php/Application/OpenProjects

Requirements

We welcome applications from well-motivated and highly-qualified students from
all countries. Applicants hold (or are about to receive) a Master of Science or
equivalent degree in natural sciences. Proficiency in English is required since
English is the official language of the program.

The Max Planck Society is committed to increasing the number of individuals
with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from
such qualified individuals. The Max Planck Society seeks to increase the number
of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore
explicitly encourages women to apply.

After you have been selected

We offer a fulltime position as a PhD researcher for 3 years. The starting date
is flexible. PhD researchers with a Master's or Diploma degree receive either a
scholarship which is free of tax and social insurance or a support contract.

How to apply

Application deadline for the fully funded PhD positions is 6 February, 2019.
Pre-interviews via web conference will be carried out and promising candidates
will be invited to take part in our recruitment symposium (1-2 April, 2019).

Find out more and apply online:

www.imprs-gbgc.de