I am aware of that and have read one or two of Harte's books, but there's
>something in Mollison's and especially Fukuoka's spin on it that I prefer.
>And, just to be picky about it, I believe that Fukuoka was not aware of
>either of the other two, where as Mollison was definitely aware of Harte's
>work.
>
>Eric:

Fukuoka did know of Harte's work. But what I really like about Harte is he
is talking about his own forest garden, planted and grown by himself and no
one else and developing over time into a philosophy. Fukuoka really did
have an awful lot of disciples helping him with the weeding - he worked
from the philosophy to the garden. Mollison I think is somewhere in the
middle on both counts and certainly includes wider lifestyle implications

I guess what I really like is that I've walked in Harte's garden and talked
to him so he's a real person to me, and always handed out help to other
aspirant forest gardeners for free where even if Mollison was in the
vicinity I couldn't afford to go on any of his courses

kathryn