Oops, sent the message too quickly =)

Here's the first few lines of the file... note how there's no "encoding"
attribute in the processing instruction, even though I've used a
constructor specifying it.  As well, there is no line break after the
<!DOCTYPE>.

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE horizons SYSTEM "etc/horizons.dtd" ><horizons>
         <legislature country_number="34" year="2002" country_name="United
States" seats="100" next_result="17">
                 <parties>

- r