Yes.. and interval isn't even in there at all. I'm not totally clear on how these instances of timeout are used. It seems like it's more of an overall thing, like for the code that manages all the tests. I do not know what that translates into in terms of prevalence or obscurity. Also, note well that the makers of acidtests.org used variable names like

      kungFuDeathGrip = [e1, e2];

So it's possible that the acidtests has idiosyncracies in the first place... there may have been a lot of LSD going around when they wrote it..