On Thu, Feb 01, 2018 at 03:28:18PM -0500, Karl Dahlke wrote:
> I've been working on a lot of stuff in the meantime, but I think it's all
> orthogonal, touching different sourcefiles, so we shouldn't collide.
>
> I'm still not sure where you're headed.
> If there is a change to the user interface, could you float that by us first,
> before you implement?

It *shouldn't* need a ui change.
Basically gopher has a notion of content types and what I'd like to do is have
a new output type for example:
outtype=v
Would mean that the output type of the handler is variable and then have some
mechanism for the protocol handler to tell the rest of the browsing
mechanism what it downloaded.  For example one may download an html file via
gopher or a sound file.
It'd be really nice if the rest of the plugins could run as normal, as if the
browser had gone to the URL via http.
I'm not quite sure how one would accomplish this in an efficient way however.

Cheers,
Adam.