Sylvia

> I might also add that when companies including DISA have adequate revenue,
> they are able to do things like hire American based consultants and
> employees.  With the large numbers of unemployed IT professionals, maybe
> there needs to be a re-evaluation about purchasing software that will
> support the hiring of Americans and adding and maintaining quality services,
> versus giving away software or pricing it so low that the reduction of revenue
> forces companies to hire overseas workers and eliminate services which both
> equal layoffs in America.  

I really don't see the connection between DISA's 'adequate revenue' and their 
ability to hire American consultants.

DISA (as far as I know) is not outsourcing anyone.  In fact, I would say that 
DISA has nothing to do with the outsourcing issue.

Are you suggesting that the cost of software be increased so that the primary 
producers (American) would be able to hire more Americans?

That would guarantee the destruction of the American software industry.
(Is that your plan?  I see that GEFEG is based in Germany <bg>)

Unfortunately? our business is in a constant state of change.  If we cannot 
keep up with those changes and are unable to provide services economically, we 
will be unemployed.

In fact, everything we do here (EDI) is designed to increase business 
efficiency.  That means reduced errors, quicker response and.....  lower labour 
costs.

If you really want to increase American employment, eliminate EDI ;-)

Earl Wertheimer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.spe-edi.com



------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
$9.95 domain names from Yahoo!. Register anything.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/OIFolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

.  
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, <JOBS>, 
<LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>
Access the list online at:  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L
 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to