For me the best way to learn the X12 structure was to print it out on a
Word Document with the proper indentations for embedded loops.  I then
labeled them with Loop numbers.  I do Healthcare EDI so I have the 837
and the 834 taped up in my cubicle (I know..pretty geeky).  But whenever
I have a question of what the segment order is or which segments occur
in which loops, it is right there in front of me...

I know it's a little work to type out in word..but well worth it.



Steve C. MacDonald 
Systems Analyst II
Trinity Information Services
(248) 489 - 6833
(248) 523 - 1287 - pager
[EMAIL PROTECTED]


>>> "Eliezer (Lev) Israel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 11/18/2004
10:49:25 AM >>>



Perhaps one of the people reading this group can help me.

I'm looking to educate myself on the structure of X12 messages - how
transaction sets, segments, loops, elements, etc. are inter-related.

Has anyone seen a diagram (a la UML) of the X12 metamodel?  Failing
that, are there any good explanations of the structure of X12
documents?

Thanks for any help,
Elie Israel
Unicorn Solutions










.  
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix:
<SALES>, <JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>
Access the list online at:  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L 
 
Yahoo! Groups Links



 







------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
$9.95 domain names from Yahoo!. Register anything.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/OIFolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

.  
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>
Access the list online at:  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L
 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to