At 12:20 PM 2/11/2005, george zhang wrote:
>Hi, Tom,
>Thanks for your reply.
>Yes, I have read the standard carefully. I know how to define an error but 
>there are how can i
>differenitate between "E" and "R"  ?
>E means accepted but with errors.
>R means rejected.
>
>My thought from Steve is we don't need to reject a set if we only use AK2 
>and AK5. If there were
>errors at the ST/SE level, we just set "E" - Accepted with errors. In case 
>we used AK3 and AK4,
>thatis, we have to see whether the contents in a  transaction set is 
>compliant with the company
>EDI spec., then we may say reject a transaction set if it is not compliant 
>with the spec..  I
>thing the case mentioned by Steve is a good example.

George,

Sorry, I didn't understand your original question. I guess it's a judgment 
call based on your requirements and level of comfort. Even if you only use 
the AK2/AK5, I think you would want to reject ("R") a transaction set with 
a missing trailer or bad segment count in SE01, because in those cases you 
can't be sure you got the entire transaction set.
--
Tom Brandt
Northtech Systems, Inc.
130 S. 1st Street, Suite 220
Ann Arbor, MI 48104-1343
http://www.northtech.com/



.  
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>
Access the list online at:  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L
 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to