The Lexicon solution looks OK.  A little bit of background.

When we got this contract, the client already had the GIS AS2 Solution with
one partner, and the Lexicon solution with another 2.  We were asked to
implement the iSoft AS2 connectivity as a VAN replacement project. (customer
switched from Sterling to nuBridges).  Since nuBridges owns iSoft, that is
who they wanted us to use, and gave us the iSoft software with no fees
(besides VAN).  So the client wants to consolidate down to a single AS2
solution so they can dump some annual maint charges for the other 2
solutions.  Since 98% of the EDI traffic goes over the nuBridges AS2
solution, it made more sense to use that as our base.

It was very straight forward to get the info I needed from Cleo Lexicon, and
it seemed like a decent product.

The iSoft product is not too bad.  The support is not that great, but to be
honest, most support is very mediocre these days.  Technically I have not
had any problems with any of my clients than run iSoft.

cjg


Carl J. Galgano
EDI Consulting Services, Inc.
770-422-2995
www.ediconsulting.com
 
600 Kennesaw Avenue
Suite 400 
Marietta, GA  30060

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Taylor [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Sent: Friday, December 15, 2006 5:30 PM
To: Carl Galgano (list server email account)
Subject: Re:[EDI-L] GIS AS2, where are the set ups kept???

Hi Carl,
 
We've been supporting iSoft now for one of our customers for several years.
 
We just went thru an upgrade and it was a miserable experience, just like
the last upgrade and just like the initial install.
 
I'm just curious as to what your experience with them has been and what you
found more desirable about iSoft than Lexicom.
 
Also, any other AS2 alternatives you think we should consider if we replace
iSoft.
 
Thanks,

Dave
 
Dave Taylor
President
Sysmark Information Systems, Inc.
49 Aspen Way
Rolling Hills Estates, CA 90274
800-SYSMARK (800-797-6275)
(O) 310-544-1974
(C) 310-561-5200
(P) 800-339-1497
(F) 310-377-3550
Your Source for Integrated EDI Translation and DataSync Integration
www.sysmarkinfo.com IBM Business Partner

        ----- Original Message ----- 
        From: Carl Galgano <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  
        To: [email protected] 
        Sent: Friday, December 15, 2006 2:14 PM
        Subject: [EDI-L] GIS AS2, where are the set ups kept???


        I have a client that is running 3 different AS2 products. One
partner on
        GIS Integrator, one on Cleo Lexicon, and one on iSoft. I am
consolidating
        down to a single AS2 product (iSoft). I have found all the set up
and cert
        info in Lexicon for that partner, but the GIS product is very
cryptic (to
        me). I did find a server program listening on port 8080 of the local
        machine, and it starts a user interface to the GIS Integrator,
however no
        one here knows the user name or password to sign on. The
        \SterlingSoftware\SI directory where the GIS software is installed
has lead
        me no where. I would think the data is stored someplace easy, but
perhaps
        not. *THINK* I have found the certs, and have found the mailbox
directory
        structure, but I cant find the partners receiver URL, port, etc.
        
        Can anyone shed any light? BTW, running on W2K server.
        
        Thanks and regards,
        cjg
        
        Carl J. Galgano
        EDI Consulting Services, Inc.
        770-422-2995
        www.ediconsulting.com
        
        600 Kennesaw Avenue
        Suite 400 
        Marietta, GA 30060
        
        

         




...
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>

Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS 
REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix. 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to