Walter,
I would agree switching VANs is a little bit of work but if you looked at our 
pricing for IDX2 VAN services you probably would get a pretty quick ROI.  As I 
suggested before I would take a little more structured approach to resolving 
your issues by doing an RFP and getting feedback from vendors on cost and 
features.  Your management will probably ask how you arrived at whatever 
decision you make and an RFP would be pretty good supporting documentation. 

Regards,

David Frenkel
IDEA
www.idea-esolutions.com



-------------- Original message from "w_cohen99" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>: 
-------------- 

I checked back with Inovis on what a 600kc plan would cost. 
Originally the quote was $600/mo for 3500kc. If I cut my van 
traffic down by 80% because of AS2 they would charge me $350 for 
600kc. Sheesh...I was hoping for a more direct correlation of van 
costs. i.e. $600/mo for 3500kc = .17/kc; $350/mo for 600kc 
= .58/kc. I would have thought $102.85 would be an equivalent 
charge for 600kc :)

Walter
--- In [email protected], Ricardo Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Walter, 
> If don't see how your VAN could charge you $600/month whether 
you send 3000 kcs or 600, kcs, that''s only 1/5 the volume. VANs 
usually charge per kcs by tiers just like cell phones(minutes). So 
you should be able to get a break.
> If Inovis is your current VAN, I suggest you negotiate the 
reduction of VAN fees as a condition to purchasing their BizCOnnect 
software. 
> If it's not Inovis then try negotiating a VAN+BizTlak deal with 
Inovis for the remaining 600 kcs. Either way you might want to shop 
arround for VAN and AS2 prices to compare. Just remember one thing: 
switching VANs is not an easy task, specially if you're moving many 
partners at once- so if it ain't broke....renegotiate!
> As to AS2 certified products you can find the whole list with 
contact info. at www.drummondgroup.com I know Cleo, Templar, and n-
software are pretty reasonably priced and work OK. Try to buy a 
product that already supports AS3 as well, you might find it better 
suited for your top 5 partners since its FTP based.
> Hope this helps,
> Ricardo
> 
> 
> ---------------------------------
> Don't be flakey. Get Yahoo! Mail for Mobile and 
> always stay connected to friends.
> 
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>


 

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



...
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>

Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS 
REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix. 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to