For those of you working with GIS, be sure to check out http://www.gisaxis.com. 
 You can also post your questions in the forums.

Thanks,
Brian Wolfe
[EMAIL PROTECTED]


----- Original Message ----
From: John Fiorino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Vikas Sankrityayan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; [email protected]
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 12:26:29 PM
Subject: RE: [EDI-L] Decimal Separator to be set as comma in Output (GIS 4.0)

Vikas,

I ran into a similar issue years ago. Not with GIS itself per say.

For some reason the program returned the decimal value as specified in the
regional settings of Windows and not what the application needed to process.

I had figured at the time that the program was somehow 'calling' the windows
API and returned whatever the regional setting were regardless of what I set
my program settings to be.

Try changing the regional settings at the Windows level to a comma for
decimals and see what happens.

John Fiorino

_____ 

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] com] On Behalf Of
Vikas Sankrityayan
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 0:34
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] com
Subject: [EDI-L] Decimal Separator to be set as comma in Output (GIS 4.0)

Hi All,
I am using GIS 4.0 .I have a particular situation where in output 
side of the map, I have to set comma ( , ) as decimal separator for 
all messages.
In order to do this, I have made "Decimal Separator" as comma at 
the `File Properties' of the output side of the map. However, when I 
run a sample file, the result does not come as expected. The output 
still has "." as decimal separator. 

I have made a simple map to explain my issue. In my map I have tried 
to map #Field2 of input side to #TField1 on the output side. The 
desired output value for this field should have been 1,23 whereas it 
is coming as 1.23. 
The image of the Map Property box is this: -
http://img250. <http://img250. imageshack. us/img250/ 1945/mapproperty kr9.jpg>
imageshack.us/ img250/1945/ mappropertykr9. jpg

The input file contains this text:-
HAB"DE1.23

The output file contains this text: -
"T";1.23;AB" DE

I have uploaded all the necessary files here: -
http://depositfiles <http://depositfiles .com/files/ 571875> .com/files/571875
(Select the FREE download 
option)

Could you please tell me what changes I need to do in my map to have 
it done correctly?

Please reply me at pandey.vikas< at>gmail. com

Thanks in advance :)
Vikas

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]




[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



...
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>

Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS 
REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix. 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to