Hi John, Thanks for the info!
I however am not sure about on what OS are the map users going to work. So changing regional settings of my Windows might not be a practical option for me. Is there something wrong with the settings in the map I have done? Please do let me know! My last option is to make the elements a 'String' instead of 'Numeric' and convert "." into "," through extended rules. :( Regards, Vikas On 1/31/07, John Fiorino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > Vikas, > > > > I ran into a similar issue years ago. Not with GIS itself per say. > > For some reason the program returned the decimal value as specified in the > regional settings of Windows and not what the application needed to process. > > > > I had figured at the time that the program was somehow 'calling' the > windows API and returned whatever the regional setting were regardless of > what I set my program settings to be. > > Try changing the regional settings at the Windows level to a comma for > decimals and see what happens. > > > > > > > > *John Fiorino* > > > > > ------------------------------ > > *From:* [email protected] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] *On Behalf Of > *Vikas Sankrityayan > *Sent:* Wednesday, January 31, 2007 0:34 > *To:* [email protected] > *Subject:* [EDI-L] Decimal Separator to be set as comma in Output (GIS 4.0 > ) > > > > Hi All, > I am using GIS 4.0 .I have a particular situation where in output > side of the map, I have to set comma ( , ) as decimal separator for > all messages. > In order to do this, I have made "Decimal Separator" as comma at > the `File Properties' of the output side of the map. However, when I > run a sample file, the result does not come as expected. The output > still has "." as decimal separator. > > I have made a simple map to explain my issue. In my map I have tried > to map #Field2 of input side to #TField1 on the output side. The > desired output value for this field should have been 1,23 whereas it > is coming as 1.23. > The image of the Map Property box is this: - > http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/1945/mappropertykr9.jpg > > The input file contains this text:- > HAB"DE1.23 > > The output file contains this text: - > "T";1.23;AB"DE > > I have uploaded all the necessary files here: - > http://depositfiles.com/files/571875 (Select the FREE download > option) > > Could you please tell me what changes I need to do in my map to have > it done correctly? > > Please reply me at pandey.vikas<at>gmail.com > > Thanks in advance :) > Vikas > > > -- India is, the cradle of the human race, the birthplace of human speech, the mother of history, the grandmother of legend, and the great grand mother of tradition. our most valuable and most instructive materials in the history of man are treasured up in India only. Mark Twain [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] ... Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, <JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC> Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix. Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
