It seems that Sterling changes their packaging from time to time, and I 
don't try to keep up with what they're doing. However, when I faced this 
with a client last year the only difference between Director Pro and 
Director was the edition of the mapper and the forms/print tool. In 
other words, it's packaging - you're getting two more components in 
Pro.  Gentran Server is a much more comprehensive, multi-user, higher 
capacity, server-based system that costs about three or four times as 
much as Director. Unless you need the additional throughput or features 
(mostly in mailboxing and process control) I wouldn't upgrade to Server. 
I also seem to recall that Sterling wanted to retire Gentran:Server on 
Windows and UNIX in favor of GIS, but I might be mistaken. I would ask 
Sterling about it if I were you.

Mike

-----------------------------------------
Michael C. Rawlins, Rawlins EC Consulting
www.rawlinsecconsulting.com



Miriam Stringfield wrote:
> Hi- 
>    
>   I am looking at upgrading our Gentran Director to either Gentran Director 
> Pro or Gentran Director Server can anyone tell me your thoughts on this?
>    
>   Also can you suggest if we should stay with Sterling Commerce or if there 
> is another VAN that might be better then them?
>    
>   Thank you 
>   Miriam
>
>
> Miriam Stringfield
> 2068 Diane Court
> Ferndale WA 98248
>
> Ask me about scrapbooking DIGITAL Style....
> https://www.topline-creations.com/lifetimez/index.aspx
>
> https://www.topline-creations.com/scrapthat
>
> Put a little TLC in your Scrapbook!!
>        
> ---------------------------------
> Looking for a deal? Find great prices on flights and hotels with Yahoo! 
> FareChase.
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> ...
> Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
> <JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>
>
> Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> 
> IS REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix. 
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>   


...
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>

Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS 
REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix. 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to