--- In [email protected], Steven Santillo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> We are using or trying to use webshere Trading Manager
> (TM). This if for valdiation. The inbound EDI files
> are getting archived into a file system. Lets say we
> need to re-translate an inbound 850. How would I go
> about finding a file and reprocessing it with out
> going to the file system and search through thousands
> on files looking for one PO. Can I do it in TM or is
> there another piece of webhsere that does this type of
> thing?
>
The Partner Manager allows you to search for a transmission/functional
group/transaction either current(last 31 days) or archived by various
criteria. Once the correct item is located drill down as necessary by
double clicking on the item or right clicking on the item and
selecting "Drill Down". At the appropriate level, right clicking will
provide new options of "Edit/Resend" and "Resend immediately". Of
course, you also have the option of going directly into the
../archive/in/nn directory (where nn = day of month for last 31 days)
and re-dropping the file. I'm not certain how FAs are handled in this
scenario and this probably isn't a best practice.
I highly recommend you run thru the tutorial that comes with the
product and that will give you some data to test out your various
requirements since no sample data ships with the product. It's hard to
get an idea of how everything works with no data to work with.
Don't get discouraged. Often I still need to just test something first
even after 9 years with the product. Of course, as a consultant I
don't work with the product every day. I'm sure you'll be an expert
in short order. BTW, Take any critical comments regarding Partner
Manager with a grain of salt. The product was not up to industry best
of breed standards years ago but in recent years it has been improved
immensely.
...
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>,
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>
Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS
REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix.
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/