The largest difference I can tell is architecturally. If you have good GIS experience and are familiar with mapping and BPML, then you will notice not much has changed.
However, I will just say this and maybe duck for cover. Having someone with extensive Java capabilities will be the most advantageous. The Java implementation in the lastest release is a baby step in getting comm and adapters in a stand alone manner that possibly in the future will allow companies to grow GIS environments more organicly while keeping it stable. J. Sent from my LG phone tbergmann1 <[email protected]> wrote: >Hello folks. I would like to pick your brains regarding Sterling's GIS and >Sterling Integrator. Essentially what I would like to know is if someone is >very knowledgeable about GIS but has never used SI, how big of a learning >curve would you think there would be? Based on what I know about both (which, >admittedly is little), I would suspect it's not too big a learning curve, but >I'd rather hear from someone who has used both. > >Thanks for all your help and happy Friday! > ------------------------------------ ... Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, <JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC> Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix.Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: [email protected] [email protected] <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [email protected] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
