Hi, all,

Thank you all for your answers on the ST Control Number format.

We have a TP asking us to send them FA 997 with ISA control number = 837 ISA control number they sent us.  And, 997 GS Control number = 837 GS control number they sent.  Is this correct for FA 997?

I thought GS Control Number is ACK or NAK in AK1-02 and Transaction Set Control Number is ACK or NAK in AK2-02.  And, we should just use the next ISA control number and next GS number.

Another general question:

Is the ISA control number still "meaningful" if TP exchange messages directly via FTP without going through a VAN ?  How important is the GS control number in this case?

  ;

Hope to hear from you.  Thanks much.

Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, <JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>

Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix.