From: Kinney, Michael D [mailto:michael.d.kin...@intel.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2016 3:33 PM
To: Tim Lewis <tim.le...@insyde.com>; edk2-devel@lists.01.org; Kinney, Michael
D <michael.d.kin...@intel.com>
Subject: RE: BOM in .dec, .dsc, .fdf

Tim,

Those files types are all required to be ASCII files.

If one of those files in EDK II repo has UTF-8 BOM, then that is a bug and
needs to be fixed.

I have seen text editors that auto convert ASCII to UTF-8 if a non-ASCII
character is ever added to a file.  The file then retains the UTF-8 BOM even
after the non-ASCII character is removed.  You have to convert the file back to
ASCII and save to remove the BOM.

Mike