On Tue, 2016-03-15 at 00:16 +0000, Kinney, Michael D wrote:

> Can you provide some revised text you would like to see in step 6.
>
> I agree that we need to use the tools in ways that help make this easy,
> prevent
> errors, and preserve history.  Given that step 6 describes promoting a
> feature
> from edk2-staging repo to edk2 repo, what set of git operations you would
> recommend?

Literally, 'git pull'. So my change in patch form would be:

@@
 6) Process to promote an edk2-staging branch to edk2 trunk
         a) Request sent to edk2-devel that describes the feature, design,
testing, etc.
         b) Stewards evaluate request and determine if the feature meets edk2
criteria.
-        c) If approved, use edk2 patch review/commit process on edk2-devel
mailing list
+        c) If approved, use 'git pull' to merge the branch into edk2 master,
adding
+           any final 'Reviewed-by:' tags to the merge commit as appropriate.
         d) Remove feature branch from edk2-staging (maybe archived
elsewhere?).

I'm still interested in what benefit we gain from a centralised
edk2-staging repository though, over the normal process of contributors
just pushing their work to github repositories and submitting PRs.

--
dwmw2