On 03/22/16 06:59, Jordan Justen wrote:
> Why not a guid based event, similar to gIdleLoopEventGuid?

Two reasons:

- specifically, it keeps the current structure of the AcpiPlatformDxe
driver (i.e., we stick to the way the PCI bus driver installs
gEfiPciEnumerationCompleteProtocolGuid, we just use a different GUID and
tie it to a different circumstance)

- (I vaguely think I might have mentioned this earlier) generally, I
prefer protocol installations to events, in this kind of situation. The
protocol stays there permanently, and in general it allows the
"consuming" driver to load & start after the protocol is installed.

The generic reason doesn't apply in this case, but I preferred to stick
with the pattern. Do you have a strong reason to dislike it?

Thanks
Laszlo