From: edk2-devel [mailto:edk2-devel-boun...@lists.01.org] On Behalf Of Gary Lin
Sent: quarta-feira, 20 de julho de 2016 07:24
To: edk2-devel@lists.01.org
Subject: [edk2] What's the status of Minnowboard MAX/Turbot gcc build?

Hi,

I recently got a Minnowboard Turbot and would like to build the firmware on my
own. I downloaded the 0.92 binary objects and tried to build the firmware with
Vlv2TbltDevicePkg/Build_IFWI.sh. However, the build script spitted tons of
errors like "set but not used variable" or "multiple definition". Some of them
are real while some of them are actually the false-positive of
ASSERT_EFI_ERROR. Besides, in the build script, it specifies the build target
as GCC46 which is old. My build machine runs openSUSE Tumbleweed which is using
gcc 6.1.1. Before I really dive into it, just want to know: Can the firmware be
compiled with gcc?

Thanks,

Gary Lin