Laszlo,

There is no changing request on Ovmf and UefiCpuPkg SmmCpuFeaturesLib instances.

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: Laszlo Ersek [mailto:ler...@redhat.com]
Sent: Friday, September 02, 2016 1:47 AM
To: Fan, Jeff; Zeng, Star; edk2-de...@ml01.01.org
Cc: Kinney, Michael D; Justen, Jordan L; Tian, Feng
Subject: Re: [edk2] [Patch v5 48/48] UefiCpuPkg/PiSmmCpuDxeSmm: Add
gEfiVariableArchProtocolGuid dependency

On 09/01/16 03:11, Fan, Jeff wrote:
> Laszlo,
>
> UefiCpuPkg/PiSmmCpuDxeSmm driver and
> UefiCpuPkg/Library/SmmCpuFeatuersLib have no such requirement on
> gEfiVariableArchProtocolGuid  to access HII type PCD. In fact, our
> platform SmmCpuFeaturesLib instance (linked by PiSmmCpuDxeSmm) is
> trying to read HII type PCD.
>
> The correct solution is to add gEfiVariableArchProtocolGuid dependency
> in platform SmmCpuFeaturesLib instance and this dependency will be
> inherited by PiSmmCpuDxeSmm driver.

OVMF also has its own SmmCpuFeaturesLib instance, under
"OvmfPkg/Library/SmmCpuFeaturesLib". That library instance has no particular
depex, similarly to UefiCpuPkg's instance.

If you add the depex to your platform's SmmCpuFeaturesLib instance, that should
keep both UefiCpuPkg's and OvmfPkg's instance unchanged. That sounds great to
me, thank you!